Good Food When Traveling
If you’re traveling to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania or anywhere else, eating well on the road can be a challenge. If you are traveling for work or on business, you may be distracted by everything you have to do and may not be making tasty or healthy choices. You may also be heading out to corporate events, where food can vary widely.
It’s not much better if you’re on vacation. After a day of seeing sights, you may not be expending much energy on making the best options. Vacation can also make you feel like indulging, and it can be easy to overdo it. Every traveler worries about messing up a perfectly nice trip with unappetizing food. Who wants to ruin a day with an undercooked or bland dinner?
The good news is it’s possible to travel and eat well. Whether you’re on a business trip or vacation, make sure you:
- Research before you go. Look up reviews, menus and ideas before you travel, when you have more time to spend setting up your trip. You’re less likely to do your research when you have meetings or when you’re hopping from museum to art gallery. No one wants to spend their travel time looking up information, after all. Keep your findings in your phone, preferably mapped out so you can easily find a good place to eat near you.
- Head to where the locals go. When trying to tell good reviews apart from overblown ones, follow common sense. The places where locals tend to go are usually quite reliable. After all, residents have all the restaurants of a city to choose from at any time, and they tend to vote with their feet. Bricco, for instance, has been recognized by Wine Spectator, Harrisburg Magazine, DiRoNA and Sante magazines as one of the best places to dine in Harrisburg. Drop by on an average night and you’ll see locals enjoying dinner or celebrating as well as tourists checking out the dining area for the first time.
- Check out places with food that will nourish you. Look at menus for a good balance between food that sounds delicious and foods that are filled with nutrients. Whether you’re working at business or enjoying the sights, you’ll get more from your experience if you choose some options with vegetables or lighter ingredients.
- Find out who’s making the food. The chef and his or her team determine what your dining experience will be like. At Bricco, Chef Bill Collier and his team are committed to creating an exceptional experience from the moment you walk in the door. Bricco’s multiple awards and recognitions suggest the team understands what they are doing.
- Look into the food philosophy behind the places you dine. The approach a team takes to food can determine whether you get a casual dining experience, indulgent fare, experimental dishes or something else. At Bricco, we’re dedicated to an attentive but casual dining experience focused on delicious Italian food with some broader Mediterranean. A commitment to local, sustainable ingredients and freshness ensures you get delicious dishes.
If you’re traveling in Harrisburg, call us today at 717-724-0222 to book a table or make your reservations online.